Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Not Your Average Waitress

For c-mas, I got the tarte for True Blood palette and I absolutely love it (especially the mascara...oh my goodness, I can't even deal with how amazing it is! I have to get a new, full-size tube soon). So far, the only thing I'm not too crazy about is the eyeliner. It's like a gel liner in a tube, and it's super soft and breaks easily, so I have to use a brush. But it's a super creamy, dark black, so I can live with it :)

The palette comes with a little booklet that has 4 different looks and how to do them (it also says that they are "exclusive looks created by True Bloods award-winning lead makeup artist Brigitte Ellis)

None of the looks are really complex or complicated, but that's something I really love about them. They're simple and easy to do, yet are still very pretty and flattering.

The looks (in order of the picture above) are called "Not Your Average Waitress", "Luminous Fairy", "Vampy Vixen", and "Vamp Glam".


Today I did the look called "Not Your Average Waitress" for work. I love it and its been what I've been wearing to work almost every day now.




Products used:
Face:
Boiing Industrial Strength concealer
Hard Candy Just Face It: Featherweight Formula one-step foundation:Fair 361
NYC Smooth Skin Pressed Face Powder 702A Naturally Beige
NYC Smooth Skin Bronzing Face Powder 720A Sunny
Wet n Wild 380B Walking on Eggshells (highlight colour used as face highlight)

Eyes:
tarte for TrueBlood Lifted natural eye primer with Firmitol
tarte for TrueBlood: Dusk (matte warm taupe; on lid), Waitress (sparkling pink champagne; in crease and blended up towards brow bone), Werewolf (matte chocolate; in outer crease and upper lashline).
tarte for TrueBlood emphasEYES aqua-gel eyeliner (Upper lashline and upper waterline)
Ulta eyeliner pencil in black (lower waterline; set with Ulta Glamour Girl Eye Quad black eyeshadow)
Ulta Glamour Girl Eye Quad black eyeshadow (filled in eyebrows)
tarte for TrueBlood mascara: Lights, Camera, Lashes! (used with Ready to Wear Lash Extension)

Lips:
NYC 321 Chiffon
InColor by Jordana Lip Shine Shimmer Glaze 09 Vanilla Bean

Everything was set with e.l.f.  Makeup Mist & Set

No comments:

Post a Comment