Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Weight Loss -- Week 2



Howdy :)

Lately I've been trying to make a bit of a lifestyle change and I started last week.
Basically I've been trying to lose weight and tone my body.
I've always sort of been kind of a chubby/fat kid (whatever term ya prefer), and am just tired of not liking my body as much as I feel like I should. Most of my life, I've been so down on myself about how I look and am doing my hardest to finally take charge (though we'll save the sob story for another time, yea?).

I'm not going to do any sort of specific diet, really. I'm pretty much going to try and start eating three times a day (instead of just once) and eat and snack on more healthy things.

I'm also trying to not drink as much soda as I usually do, which is my first, big hurdle . Right now, I'm feeling completely awful (huge headache, stuffy nose, upset stomach, tired, dizzy, kinda depressed, antsy, and everyone has been pissing me off). Though I've only had one soda today (instead of my usually 3 or 4...or more!).

This is a hard thing to do (as it is with anyone, I'm sure). I've tried to diet and lose weight before, but I always gave up because it became too hard. While I'm scared of it happening again, I'm hoping that this time I'm going to be stronger and stick with it.

I've been met with some people who are completely discouraging me (saying how I don't need to lose weight, I look fine, but how am I going to stop from eating this, this, and this), though I've had more people that have encouraging me completely, and helping me along (from giving me "the look" when I mention wanting to eat something I shouldn't, to weight loss and work out tips, and what to and what not to eat). A friend of mine even showed me a nifty program on the iPad called "Nike Training" that has work outs on there (which, by the way, has been kicking my ass). Tumblr has also got a few blogs that have been giving fantastic advice, and have inspired me to keep going.

I'm going to try and record how I'm feeling about this, what I eat and how much I exercise. It seems to help some people, and I want to see if it helps me at all. I don't know if it's going to be an everyday thing, though I'm going to try and update as much as I can.

I know this isn't going to be easy, I keep telling myself that it's all going to be worth it in the end.

I don't really have a specific goal, weight wise, I am keeping track of things with a tape measure. Since muscle weighs more then fat, I know a scale isn't going to be the greatest thing for me to use.

Right now I'm measuring more of my lower half, since that's what I really want to work on (though I am doing work outs that focus on my arms and upper back and shoulders).
My waist is 35", the roundest part of my tummy is 40", my hips are 41", and my thighs are 24"/25".

Things are slow right now because I don't want to burn out and just quick like I've done in the past.
Everyday I'm trying to do something that it more healthy and better then what I've been doing before.

Wish me luck♥!

No comments:

Post a Comment